Free coaching via Zoom. Treats addictions that aren't acutely life-threatening, but that drain your time & money e.g.
- social media
- Save money & time
- Achieve more
- Feel better about yourself and more in control of your life
How it works
- Six thirty-minute sessions, for free.
- Continuation thereafter is optional
- Arranged via Calendly, or for a recurring slot once or twice a week (up to you)
Era's got a BSc in Psychology, and an MSc in Addiction, from King's College London. Lizzy's got a master's in psychology and a certificate in psychotherapy. Both have done ~160 hours of addiction coaching training, passed their final assessment, and are now ready to see real clients. So far, we've had unanimously positive feedback and ~70% retention from the 100+ clients our coaches have seen so far.
What happens in sessions
- Tell your coach about you and your situation
- They'll help you draft a minimum viable plan
- You attempt to execute it between now and next week
Sessions Two til Five
- Share your progress or lack thereof
- Tell them what worked and what didn't
- Update the plan accordingly
- Talk about your progress
- We'll likely give you the option to continue on a paid basis
- In either case, we'll help you draft a plan to help recover from relapses, and prevent them from happening in the first place
- Potential downside - they aren't EAs
- Potential upside - they aren't EAs
- We don't have magical solutions
- At least 20% of sign-ups will give up
- Of those that stay, at least 20% will fail
- Many of those who succeed will relapse within one year
Promises we make
- To maintain complete confidentiality
- To use proven techniques exclusively
- To be supportive & non-judgemental
Free to any Effective Altruist. 7 EA-exclusive places are available immediately. If the results are good, we'll do a monthly cohort of ~20 EAs. You can opt-out at any time, no hard feels. Click here to apply.