The CEA Virtual Programs has opened applications for a 6-week Career Planning Program! Apply by February 15th.
- Dates: March 16th - May 4th, 2024
- Application deadline: February 15th, 2024
- Target Audience: Anyone considering pursuing a career in an EA cause area and who has an existing understanding of EA ideas.
- Content: Participants will complete an adapted version of the 80,000 Hours' Career planning template and have weekly discussions with a facilitator and a group of peers interested in pursuing similar career paths.
We think we can help you plan your career by providing structure, accountability, and feedback during your career planning process. Through a combination of reading, exercises and discussions, you'll explore what a high-impact career looks like for you and start making progress on the next steps. Find out more about the program here.
We highly recommend this program if you:
- Are interested in finding a high-impact career that is also a good fit for you.
- Have a good understanding of core ideas in effective altruism and/or have completed an Introductory EA Program or In-Depth EA Program.
- Can commit at least 1.5 hours a week to exercises and readings and 1.5 hours to discussion sessions.
Note: Though the materials for this program are closely based on the template of the 80,000 Hours career plan worksheet, and 80,000 Hours was consulted when creating the first version of the program, they are not the organisers. However, we would still encourage people to apply to 80,000 Hours 1:1 advising – this program's accountability and structure greatly complement 1:1 advising!