CEA has a lot of open positions right now. So we’re hosting an AMA to answer questions about what it’s like to work here!
We’ll start to respond on Tuesday, 5/25, and keep going through the rest of the week. But if you happen to find this post after that, feel free to add a question, and Aaron will make sure the right people see it.
All questions are welcome, but here are some things we’d be especially keen to discuss:
- Our open positions — what their impact might be, what sorts of people we’re looking to hire, etc.
- CEA’s internal culture
- What our different teams work on
Other links you might find useful:
Our current open positions
- CBG Programme Manager
- Community Events Manager
- EA Strategy Coordinator
- Events Generalist
- Groups Associate (Scalable University Support)
Note: We previously had a separate AMA for the Events roles, but decided to merge it with this one.
Staff members joining this AMA
- Aaron Gertler, content specialist and “Forum guy”
- Amy Labenz, who has been producing events at CEA since 2015, including EA Global and a series of smaller, specialized retreats
- Barry Grimes, who leads communications for EA Global and provides support to EAGx conferences around the world
- Ben West, who manages the Forum team and thinks about a lot of community-level topics (e.g. retention)
- Harri Besceli, who manages the Community Building Grants program(me). He’ll soon be taking another role at CEA, so we’re looking for a new manager.
- Joan Gass, our Managing Director, who does a lot of work on CEA’s strategy, leads our recruitment, and manages the Groups team
- Josh Axford, who manages CEA’s operations
- Max Dalton, our Executive Director, who oversees everything we do and sets CEA’s overall direction as an organization
- Nicole Ross, who works on broad community health questions and thinks about ways to improve the community’s epistemics
You can learn more about us on CEA’s Team page.